st. norbert arts centre
Two days into a weeklong stay at St. Norbert Arts Centre, my computer crashed and pushed me into the pre-digital world of manual creation & record-keeping, slow observation and solitude. Not a bad thing because I accomplished (most of) what I had set out to do and learned a lot in the process.
For now, here’s my summary list of activities:
- begin research with regard to ‘the process of creation’
- begin evaluation of personal artistic process and ‘process of creation’
- refine research resources & begin to integrate tested theories with new ideas
- test (basic) theories of teaching: ‘how to draw’
- develop focus (theme?) for Sketchbook Project
- complete Sketchbook Project sketchbook (35-40 pages)
- go outside studio environment to paint & take footage for another ‘painting a painting’ video
- make notes regarding Abstract painting/ marketing / role of art today / ownership of creative process
- visit small local galleries and the Winnipeg Art Gallery
More notes to come.
originally posted 2010/08/08